Thursday, July 23, 2009

Government's Aspirations??

Cass Sustein, Obama's Regulatory Czar as seen on the Glenn Beck TV show 22 July 2009

"What Roosevelt did in altering the American government's aspirations for its citizens is capture [in] the second bill of rights better than anywhere [sic], Government's aspirations for its citizens"

Government's aspirations for its citizens?!! What the &^@*(!!!

1. The government is not a being with aspirations, not a father figure who will take care of me.

2. I am not "its" citizen. It does not own me. I own it.

3. Therefore I don't want the government to have any aspirations for me. I have aspirations for it, to curtail its power.

The entire premise of Sustein's statement is an assault on my liberty -- before we even start talking about the abomination referred to as the second bill of rights. Indeed, the premise [a government having aspirations and a government that possesses citizens] is exactly an encapsulation of the ideology of today's mainstream Collectivist.

Just for the record, what was really happening was that Roosevelt was trying to use the governmental machinery to impose HIS aspirations on those he considered to be HIS citizens.

~Cato


Seneca's Comment: Oh No, it looks like I have created a monster. Cato and I have debated the various meaning(s) and consequence(s) of the ideology contained in my statement "What's Mine is Mine". This of Cato's seems to embody the sentiment very well.

No comments: