Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ugggg

A few months ago I read a great piece by the Sage of the North, John Bachner, Executive Director of ASFE, regarding how it really does matter how you present yourself to your clients.

He ends his article with something along the lines of :

"So, before you go in to meet a client, duck into the restroom and check to see that you don't have spaghetti sauce stains on your tie .... because having lunch on your tie says a lot about what attention to detail you will be paying to your client's jobs ... and the client knows it."

So then, here I am sitting in a Starbucks in Katy, Texas, and whom do I see asking me for my order???? Some dude who looks like he just stepped out of Deliverance. My God man, do you really think that I want you and your foot-long, scraggly-ass beard to be leaning over the ice container to get the ice for my "sissy-man" Java Chip Frappuccino drink, and do you really think that I want to have your beard-stroking cigarette-smoking crudded up mits handling the cups, and the syrup, and working the blender? I mean, I like those clumpy chip things in my drink, but they are supposed to be chocolate chips, not chopped up beard hair. And I wondered why I was having trouble sucking the stuff thru the straw.

No comments: