Thursday, September 27, 2012

OT - Regarding Engineers - Is this really true?

Here is a transcript from a radio talk show. The caller was trying to explain WHY a politician seemed to be so clueless ...

 CALLER: The reason I'm calling is, I got a little different take on Akin and, you know, why he didn't back out. You know, I was doing like most other people. I was extremely angry. I'm listening to his interview yesterday, he seemed clueless and everything, but let me set this up for about five seconds.

I'm in sales, and what hit me when I was listening to him is when he said he's an engineer. And, you know what? I'm in sales right now. When I can get someone emotionally involved, I've got a huge chance of success. And whenever I run into an engineer, I'm in a dead end, 'cause you cannot get them emotionally involved; they're strictly looking at it analytically, and you just can't get 'em to make a decision.

And I see this guy as, you know what, he's an engineer, he's looking at, you know what, I just made one mistake, one little misstep, and to him that's such a small percentage of anything he's ever... that he can even comprehend. He can't comprehend the emotional aspect of this situation and how it can possibly affect this thing down the road.

RUSH: Well --

CALLER: He's looking at it as an engineer, and it's just like beating your head against the wall trying to get through to this man.

RUSH: Yeah, wait a second. In addition to being an engineer he's a Marine and he's a politician. He's been a politician for a lot of years. He's in the Missouri House of Representatives and he certainly understands politics.

CALLER: Absolutely.

RUSH: He's got to be able to reach people on a certain emotional level to get their votes.

CALLER: Well, I agree with you there. I just think this is ingrained in him, though. I mean when he said it, it struck a chord with me, and all I could see is so many engineers I sit down with, and you can't get 'em emotionally involved. And this is a huge emotional issue.

RUSH: Well, one thing that I will agree with you on, I probably would understand this. He, no doubt, thinks that he worked damn hard to get this far, and, you're right, I think, in his mind, "Hey, I misspoke. Big deal."

Any Comments???

No comments: