Sunday, May 17, 2009

How Did It Get Like This? Part 2

Just got off the phone with Rush and he asked me when I thought it was going to get better.

I told him that it will get better when the people who go into Starbuck's begin to understand that selling water to "help starving children in Africa or wherever" (the Starbucks "Ethos" water), is all about things OTHER than helping starving children in Africa.

I also told him that that it will get better when people finally get it that the "green movement" is really the "Green $$ movement".

~Seneca

3 comments:

RKL said...

So did you have a chance to read up about the "Pod" theory?

Publius said...

RKL.
Yes, I did, and it was on the money. The pod simile, and indeed the entire article resonated with things I have been thinking and seeing for a while now.

When I started my site I sent various items around to people that I know, people that are, oh so anti-democrat.

I thought that they were anti-democrat because they saw the danger in the ideas of the collective, but THAT is not why they are anti-democrat. They are anti-democrat solely because the other person calls themselves a Democrat. Let a person calling themselves a Republican put forth the Republican form of collectivism and then all is OK in Pod Land.


This growing awareness of mine is the reason that I have written the last two posts about "How Did It Get Like This", for it was only after being at it for the last 3 months and talking with people about the ideals expressed here on my site, that I began to see that the Pods are indeed taking over.

For example, the Pods will think when they read that last statement that I am talking about the Democrats, and not have a clue that I am talking about most of them (the Republicans) that comprise about 1/2 of the Pods too. The Republicans simply, as a group/party fail to see that the defect is in their own party machine and that, although their ticket counter is still open that
the engine has run off the rails.

RKL said...

Exactly. It's sad that things have progressed so far.